Thank you for your interest in Bachman’s Roofing. As a leader in the commercial roofing industry, Bachman’s Roofing strives to always provide its customers with the highest-quality roofing products and services. We look for the best and brightest employees who share the same philosophy of working hard, delivering service and satisfaction for our customers.
We are continually seeking qualified staff for employment. Please see our open positions below. If interested in applying, please contact the office or email [email protected].
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Position Type: Full Time-Hourly
Location: Wernersville, PA
Look no further, the search is over; this is the career opportunity you have been looking for. At Bachman’s Roofing, Building & Remodeling, Inc. we’ve made our name in roofing, and we’ve grown into a one stop shop for home remodeling needs. We continue the tradition of only using the highest quality products in the industry. Multiple year winners of the Berks County People’s Choice, Reading Eagle Reader’s Choice, and Angie’s List Super Service awards, we stand above the rest. With over 48 years’ experience, this family owned and operated company is looking to add to our growing Commercial Roofing department.
We are looking for an individual with a solid background in Project Management and Estimating within the construction industry – ideally coupled with experience in both the residential and commercial environment, particularly in the Condominium, Apartment, and Home Owner’s Association realm. This position routinely creates and monitors budgets, timelines and determines the scope of projects while managing all phases of construction. Our best Estimators have a strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and the passion to deliver high-quality work, often within tight deadlines. We will provide all the tools necessary for your success:
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card
- Mobile Phone/IPad
- Mobile Office tools
- Following up with customer requests.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents for the proposal.
- Prepare and assemble bid proposals, including completing detailed estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and soliciting pricing from vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractors, schedules and quality of work.
- Ensure projects comply with all applicable local building codes and permitting.
- Advise office staff of progress billing dates and change orders to ensure timely customer invoicing.
- Cultivate and manage business relationships.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Must be able to read and understand all blueprints and details
- Experience working with Condominium, Apartment, and Home Owner’s Associations
- Relevant construction estimating experience in general roofing and commercial buildings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and accurately perform a variety of complicated tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be dependable, prompt arrival for all customer appointments
- Responsible for prompt and courteous follow up to all customer communications
- Proficient in measurement taking and math skills
- Provide daily updates regarding scheduling using Outlook Calendar
- This job requires a flexible work schedule and the need to travel to job sites
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb ladders or balance; and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Excellent Salary and superior benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance, 401k options, PTO and company paid holidays after meeting employment eligibility requirements.